It’s so easy to be overwhelmed with work these days. There’s just way too much to do. Even though its a common situation we all respond to being overwhelmed a little differently. Some of us get ratcheted up and fly around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to keep up. Others get stuck or paralyzed when there’s too much to do.
If you find yourself stuck in overwhelm, try these tips for breaking free:
- If you have a table and chairs in your office switch from working at your desk to working at the table for a different perspective.
- Work a few hours at a coffee shop, the beach, or a picnic table for a change of pace.
- If you’re in a cubicle take a few things with you to a lunch or break room to think about things a little differently.
- Go for a walk and get some fresh air and a fresh perspective.
- Shift things around on your desk top or in your office to stir up stuck energy.
- Clear your desk top and it’ll clear your mind.
- If you’re just too busy to get away, here’s something to get you moving right now- enjoy!
If you have questions about how you can conquer overwhelm at work I’m here to help. There’s no reason to stay stuck. Send me a comment or question and let me know if the video moved you!
Linda Hardenstein, MPA, PCC, helps you break free with unique personal systems and procedures that get things off your plate to accomplish more with ease, so you can spend more time with family or just enjoying life.